Work for Yellow Cab Co.
Culver City Yellow Cab Co. has job openings available in the following fields: Owner-Drivers, Lease-Drivers, Staff and Other Employees.
The founding members of Culver City Yellow Cab Co. realized that the key to a professional taxi service is an experienced driver. To this day, an applicant for membership in our association must meet the same rigid requirements we established a quarter-century ago. All applicants must:
- Have a clean driving record free of major violations with no more than three moving violations in a three year period and no more than one chargeable accident within a three year period.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Pass a map reading test.
- Attend a Defensive Driving program.
The success we have achieved is due in large part to the membership requirements for our association. Unlike most taxi drivers today, our members are career professionals who are proud to provide a needed public service.
All prospective Lease-Drivers must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of legal residence and permit to work.
- Be at least 23 years old.
- Have a valid California Class "C" license for at least 3 years.
- Provide a DMV H-6 printout that is less than thirty (30) days old.
- Not have had any misdemeanor convictions within the past three (3) years.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be enrolled in a random drug- and alcohol-testing program.
- Not have any physical or mental conditions that would prevent him/her from boarding, alighting, securing and transporting passengers safely.
- Be familiar with Los Angeles County.
- Be screened and approved by Culver City Yellow Cab Co.'s insurance carrier.
Be familiar with all the rules and regulations of all jurisdictions they will drive in.
All drivers must also complete Culver City Yellow Cab Co.'s in-house three-day safety and operational training course. The course includes both classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training, taught by a full-time trainer with many years of experience in the industry. Each driver receives a Culver City Yellow Cab Co. Driver Training Manual upon completion of the course.
Culver City Yellow Cab Co. is accepting applications for qualified taxi drivers!
Please come to our office during normal business hours for an application or call our Operations Department at (213) 483-7669 ext. 3057.
STAFF AND OTHER EMPLOYEES
While Culver City Yellow Cab Co. drivers are self-employed, independent contractors, the company also employs over 300 men and women as dispatchers, customer service representatives, accounting, marketing, sales, public relations, clerical personnel and more. In a secure working environment, Culver City Yellow Cab Co.'s full-time employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonuses
- Performance incentives
We are currently accepting applications! Please contact our Human Resources Office during normal business hours at (323)667-0822 ext.3034 for an application.
You will be contacted for an interview at a later date.
Culver City Yellow Cab Co. is an equal-opportunity employer!